BROUGHT TO YOU BY USTA GEORGIA AND CSRATA
Tennis Apprentice is designed strictly for beginner players. It teaches you the basics of tennis and gets you playing the game fast! All you need is a pair of tennis shoes and a willingness to learn the game of tennis. The Tennis Apprentice program was formerly called the Quick Start program. The format and goals are the same.
Your Total Cost of $50.00 includes:
- A beginner Head tennis racquet
- Six lessons at 1.5 hours each conducted by experienced tennis professionals.
- Six weeks of fun Novice League Play at the conclusion of the lessons. This on-court team experience gives you a fun non-competitive way to learn about league play.
- An awesome Tennis Apprentice tee
- A free league registration
- A USTA membership, upon request
- Registration: Now – March 31
- Class Dates: April 16 – June 11
- Novice League: June 18 – July 21
- Registration: July 1 – July 31
- Class Dates: August 13 – October 1
- Novice League: October 8 – November 12
- Newman Tennis Center: (706) 821-1600
- Monday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Petersburg Racquet Club: (706) 860-9288
- Thursday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Riverview Park: (615) 479-4173
- Wednesday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- West Lake: (706) 863-4018
- Tuesday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
What if I have more questions?
E-mail the Local League Coordinator or call (706) 941-2938.
Can I go to any of the classes in town?
No, you must take your lessons at the facility you choose on the registration form.
Can I bring a friend/husband who is a tennis player to the clinics?
Your friend can come and watch but not participate in the program which is for beginners only.
What should I wear and bring to the class?
Wear comfortable exercise clothing, sneakers, a towel and bring water. “Tennis Clothing” is not necessary.
I’ve never played any sports and afraid I will look dumb?
Everyone is a beginner and many of the students have never played sports.
What if it rains?
Make-up dates are built into the schedule.
What if I have to miss a class?
If you sign up at a facility that has classes on two days you can attend the alternate day. If not, the Pros will help you with the stroke you missed.
Can I sign up my children?
The minimum age is 18.
We value your opinion. When you have completed the Tennis Apprentice program, please click here to fill out an evaluation form.